We recently produced a video for Velocity Patching showing how to repair a pothole.
Velocity have been working in partnership with Balfour Beatty and North Somerset Council and have successfully repaired a large number of potholes within an extremely short time period.
Instead of cutting the road surface and refilling with tarmac, the Velocity system works by:
Using compressed air to remove water and debris from the pothole
Spray the defect with tar
Spray a grit/tar mix into the pothole
Compress/level the repair using a wacker-plate (tamper)
The video demonstrates this technique and details the various benefits of the system compared to conventional road patching.
- 2,836 defects repaired across North Somerset in just 4 weeks
- Minimal traffic disruption
- Extremely low carbon footprint
- Roads open to traffic immediately after repairs
- 33% of the cost of traditional repair methods
- Fast, efficient and cost-effective
- Solutions in action